in

Vrouw lijdt aan dodelijke infectie na het bijten van nagels

Een vrouw uit Schotland heeft een ernstige waarschuwing afgegeven aan degenen die hun nagels bijten, nadat de slechte gewoonte van een vriendin ertoe leidde dat zij een potentieel fatale infectie eraan overhield.

Karen Peat heeft publiekelijk gruwelijke foto’s gedeeld van de vingers van haar naamloze vriendin, die zichtbaar gezwollen waren met een geel getinte blaar. Deze persoon werd met spoed naar Glasgow Royal Infirmary gebracht.

Een spoedoperatie was meteen nodig omdat de infectie langs haar arm naar boven was verspreid. Als ze langer had gewacht had het haar leven kunnen kosten.

Karen plaatste de volgende caption bij haar bericht:

A message to nail biters out there STOP!!! Someone I know who prefers to remain nameless who bites their nails ended up having to get rushed to Glasgow Royal Infirmary today for emergency surgery because they had bitten their nails down too far and had got an infection in the finger.

Karen verklaarde verder:

This person had been to two chemists and spoken to two separate pharmacists over the past few days who had advised to use magnesium sulphate and keep it covered it still got worse and when finally went to the A&E this morning was told if left much longer it could have been fatal as the infection was travelling up the arm hence the emergency surgery!

So please please stop biting your nails!!

Karen gaf als laatst een update over het herstelproces van haar vriendin en zei:

Surgery done and on a drip for antibiotics for the next few days and this is how it looks now. PS minus a nail on that finger which may never grow back but on the plus side, one less nail for them to bite!



Kijken: Bubbling battles gaan terug komen, kijk deze kleine man KAPOT maken

Avatar: The Last Airbender Live-Action Remake dit jaar nog op Netflix